MERCENARY CENTER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MERCENARY CENTER

FORUM BASE

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Red Star: A Soldier's Tale

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xamllew

Xamllew

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-04-08

Red Star: A Soldier's Tale Empty
PostSubject: Red Star: A Soldier's Tale   Red Star: A Soldier's Tale Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 10:51 am

Those of you from SSLF probably know about my Red Star stuff, maybe have seen this story (that is far from finished), but oh well.

I give you, 'Section 1: Chapter 1: Part 1'

Quote :
Red Star: A Soldier’s Tale

0730 hours 22/lambda year 2511

Patrol duty. Justin hated patrol duty. He and his squad were ordered to patrol Oceanus Peregrinus, the maria closest to the city. The city was New Suez, nicknamed the Red City, capital of Red Star. Justin hadn’t always lived in New Suez. He was born farther North (or as much as a “North” as there can be with barely a magnetic field) in Rebnil. The rest of his squad was from all over as well. Nick was from Second Rome, Alex from Las Mesas, Phil came out of New Sydney, and Tony was from Second London. And this was their life: patrol duty.

And Justin hated every bit of it. Not just because it was incredibly boring, but because of the principle of it. His squad was given special training, they were the best of the best. And all they did all day was walk. Of course, not always walk, but mostly just walk. From maria to maria, terrae to terrae. Each of them was specially conditioned for low-gee and null-gee combat, and all they did was walk.

“Alright boys!” Justin yelled, hefting his “Void Dart” m2 HVR. The great thing about being Special Forces was that you generally got better guns than the standard issue T34 Assault Rifles. Phil and Tony also sported Void Darts, but Alex and Nick had U47 Vera LMGs.

Today was a standard deal. Walk a few miles in one direction, come back. Then walk in another direction. No long distance traveling, no riding in Gilgamesh battle walkers, just pacing. Little did the small squad know, this “standard” day would turn into a bloodbath.

“Man, I hate this,” said Tony, after the 4th “roundabout”, “If we get put into patrol duty again tomorrow, I’m grabbin’ myself a ‘Mesh and goin’ AWOL.” Of course, they all felt that way, bbut only someone like Anthony would say it.

“That’s what you said last week. Stop repeating yourself.” That was Phil. Obviously bored half to death already,

“No, but this time, I’m serious. Last time I was just – wait. Did you here that?”

“Nah, man. That’s just the dead silence getting’ to ya.”

“No, it’s…frag! Everybody scramble!” Tony yelled as a G3 Fragmentation Grenade soared through the air. The squad hadn’t brought grenades. Everyone dove every which way and grabbed for their guns.

Justin knew that his Void Dart would be useless at such a close range and drew his S7 Reynolds pistol instead. “Phil! Tony! You fall back to firing range and snipe ‘em! We’ll hold them off for now.”

Fortunately, and unfortunately, there was barely any cover in the maria. It was easy to find the enemy, whose cloaking had finally lost charge, but it was also easy to get hit.

Justin jumped down behind a small pile of rocks and took aim. There were 3 of them, presumably scouts, each with modified T34 assault rifles. “This is patrol squad Peregrinus,” he said on the private com channel back to base, “we are under attack and need air support. Yggdrasil is requested. There are 3 targets, marked now.” Then over open com he yelled to the attackers. “This is Void Trooper Elite Squad 005 of Red Star. Stand down now or we’ll open fire.”

The only response was gunfire. “Anthony, take the shot.” Tony, in two shots, downed the left and the right assailants. The last, however, opened fire, hitting Nick. Justin drew a bead on the target and shot him five times, killing whoever was behind the helmet.

“Scratch that, command. We need a dropship for immediate medical evac. Nick is down and could be dying: we don’t know how much atmo he lost. There’s also probably more hostiles out there.”

And as I said on SSLF, I'm taking character sign-ups via PM. I need name, roll (pilot, soldier, officer, rebel/terrorist, other, etc.), and description
Back to top Go down
Norick Vanor

Norick Vanor

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Red Star: A Soldier's Tale   Red Star: A Soldier's Tale Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 11:00 pm

Well can i join now uh
Name: Nicolas Garssel
Roll: um a Bounty and and an officer
(not a bounty hunter im a officer with a bounty on my head

Oh and great story i plan on reading more when posted
Back to top Go down
Xamllew

Xamllew

PostSubject: Re: Red Star: A Soldier's Tale   Red Star: A Soldier's Tale Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 4:24 pm

No problem! I haven't started the next part yet, but I think now I have enough to go with for new characters.

Is it actually okay if I make another character your brother? If not, that's fine.
Back to top Go down
Norick Vanor

Norick Vanor

PostSubject: Re: Red Star: A Soldier's Tale   Red Star: A Soldier's Tale Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 3:15 pm

No brother can i have a sister her name is Jaimie Vanor
and dont forge a wife for me and a son and daughter but you only asked for one and there ya go if you need a family names then ill give it to you but with a price I GET TO AVE YOUR SOUL!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Xamllew

Xamllew

PostSubject: Re: Red Star: A Soldier's Tale   Red Star: A Soldier's Tale Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 3:27 pm

Yeah, I'll give you a sister, but you can't have my sole
Back to top Go down
Norick Vanor

Norick Vanor

PostSubject: Re: Red Star: A Soldier's Tale   Red Star: A Soldier's Tale Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 3:56 pm

Come on ive got this ice box were my heart use to be ive got a ice box were my heart use to be im so cold im so cold im so cold
Back to top Go down
Xamllew

Xamllew

PostSubject: Re: Red Star: A Soldier's Tale   Red Star: A Soldier's Tale Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 5:22 pm

*splash* I stole your brain!!

Ok. Enough spam. I'm gonna get started writing Chapter 1 part 2 tonight
Back to top Go down
Xamllew

Xamllew

PostSubject: Re: Red Star: A Soldier's Tale   Red Star: A Soldier's Tale Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 7:30 pm

Actually, I wont be able to start on the next part, due to my forgetting that I had 3 pages of English homework Shocked Sad Shocked affraid pale scratch
Back to top Go down
The Squirrel

The Squirrel

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Red Star: A Soldier's Tale   Red Star: A Soldier's Tale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 2:16 pm

Could i be in the Dropship? The Backup for the guy you just lost? He could help take out the possible other Hostiles. If so, here's my sign up;

Captain Hashim Rothwell

Kind, no hard feelings to accidental damage. In his childhood, a complete stranger tripped on a crack and broke three of his ribs and gave him a concussion. He bore no grudge. Very tactical, can find cover when there seems to be none. Large portions of his skeleton have been strengthened by metal implants (If it's possible in your universe). Worked on the farm as a young boy before joining the army.

Bad bullet/plasma wound to the side from a misfire by one of the cocky rookies in his squad. Had to be in the medical room for a couple of weeks. He was cleared to go just as the alarms went off for imediate medic dropship and backup, Hashim volunteered and was allowed to come. Grabbing his armour and rifle from the medical locker as he ran out of the medical room.

Standard Captains armour with customized advanced assault rifle. Added an extra kilo to the total wait but it's now capable of long range and short range fire. Has a retractable bayonet. Scope outfitted with anti stealth shielding but has to be held right up to eye to work fully.
Back to top Go down
Xamllew

Xamllew

PostSubject: Re: Red Star: A Soldier's Tale   Red Star: A Soldier's Tale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 3:30 pm

No problem. It may take a while for the next part, writer's block and such, but I may be able to get some work done on it. Unfortunatly, I probably won't be able to make the dropship and tank out of legos due to lack of peices, but the designs are pretty cool. But so anyway, I've gotten 4 sign-ups and will be working on the next part as soon as my writer's block clears. *ahem*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Star: A Soldier's Tale   Red Star: A Soldier's Tale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Star: A Soldier's Tale
Page 1 of 1