MERCENARY CENTER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MERCENARY CENTER

FORUM BASE

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TALES OF THE 501st

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth_Phaedrus

Darth_Phaedrus

Number of posts : 8
Localisation : Inside Your Head. I killed your concsouce and took his place.
Registration date : 2007-04-06

TALES OF THE 501st Empty
PostSubject: TALES OF THE 501st   TALES OF THE 501st Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 10:49 am

Prolouge------------->
Year 3-Clone-Wars-Vendexa

" In the waning months of the Clone Wars, the elite 501st leigon was spread dangerousley thin throughout the galaxy, fighting on countless planets and terrains. I dont think any of us would have survived if it wasnt for the Jedi. Too bad they had too die." - personal datapad of Commander Appo, 501st leigon ranking officer.

Vendexa- The hell-hole of the galaxy, full with as many dangerous and poisenous and mutated monsters as you could imagine. The jungle and fog didnt help. Neither did the droids. " Trooper! set of those charges! "You, cover the 2nd squad theyre taking heavy fire! " And so one take out that sleemo Acklay!" Commander Appo saw his leigon falling apart before his eyes. After 3 weeks of fighting on Vendexa, his clones had become exhausted and disorganized. Whole squads were lost during the night, Victims of the planets larger predators. Appo raised his pistols and started converting droids from war machines to sparking husks of molten metal, but the were too many of them. "Theres too many of them! a nearby trooper yelled. " We have to pull bac-AaAhH!" And so Appo lost another brother. He turned around, coming face to photoreceptor with a super battle droid. "Oh kark me-" He was cut off by the snap pop ignition of a lightsaber. Suddenely, the super was in five peices and in its place was Jedi Master Wolfe Sazen, the general for this batlle. "The voice is familiar..." started the jedi "The face even more so." finished Appo. " Good to see you again General. I take it buisness has beem good?" "Yes quite..." he pointed towards the battle care to join me?" "Of course." replied Appo, raising his DCs....
Back to top Go down
Darth_Phaedrus

Darth_Phaedrus

TALES OF THE 501st Empty
PostSubject: Re: TALES OF THE 501st   TALES OF THE 501st Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 10:49 am

Chapter One- Turning of the Tide?

After the general arrived, Appo's clones morale increased and they pushed forward, forcing the droids back into the hellish jungle and away from the republic base. But it couldnt have been done if it wasnt for General Sazen. Appo was right in the middle of the battle , firing away with his blasters at any droid and beast he saw. He looked around. It was getting dark, the last beams of sun that even managed to get through the thick foliage were weak and dying. Appo felt a deep unabiding dread filling his chest. Now not only would they have to face the hundreds of droids and attack their factory base, they would have to defend themselves from some of most visous predators in the galaxy.

But while he was distracted, a battle droid decided to blast at him. The red-yellow beam grazed his leg, blackening his armour. 'Sith Spit!" Appo cursed as he spun and blasted the lithe droid to smoldering peices. And then a nearby trooper yelled, "They're retreating! We did it, we wo-- " but was cut off by a massive explosion, that rippled the entire jungle and killed many clones but injured alot more. Appo had to raise his arm to deflect flaming peices of debris, shrapnel and bits of clone that would have killed him. The shrapnel did mor damage than the blast, shredding through troops and hacking up almost an entire platoon of AT-Rts.

"Trooper," Appo yelled, wiping grime from his helmet, "what in the galaxy was that?!"
"I dunno sir", replied the trooper he had queried," the seps must have planted thorium charges, waited for us to charge, and detonated. The whole thing must have been a trap."
"Fierfrek!" Appo cursed. He looked around, and saw the devestation. Mangled corpses littered the muddy ground, some even flung into the trees. But many more lay on the ground moaning and dying, limbs vaporized or peirced with huge chunks of shrapenel. But now the droids were advancing once again. Doesent this ever end? Appo thought to himself. But then a squad of four clones approached him. Not just any normal clones. These ones had bulkier, gray slate katarn class armour, caried hefty weapons and overall seemed more expeirienced.

"Captain shooter, republic commando squad Omega leader, reporting as asked sir. What would you like us to do?"
" At last, ive been waiting for you boys." He paused to yell at some clones for cover. He pulled out schematics for the droid facility, pointed out their avenue of entry and the critical systems they neede to destroy in order for the factory to explode.
" So go get em. The faster we get this done, the faster we can ship of this nightmare."
"Yessir!" the commandos chorused. Shooter made some hand signals, and the squad stealthed their way to the facility.

A medic came over to check him for any wounds.
"Are you injured sir?"
"Not at all."
"Good, thats a miracle. Weve had to pull out every medical crew avilable after that blast. Good luck sir." And he left.

Now Appo was able to focus on killing again.
' At least the jedi is here." Appo muttered under his breath after about an hour more of intense fighting. It was dark now. The beasts would come to the smell of fresh blood. It was true. Right at the front of the republic charge was Jedi Master Wolfe Sazen, leaping about and slahing with his green lightsaber, deflecting blast and using the force to manipulate objects and enemys. It was amazing, but if Appo stared to long he'd get killed so he tore away his gaze. " Crazy jedi", he said to himself " Running into the heat of battle wearing just robes and whacking those droids with their beam sticks." He shot another droid, and noticed their wasnt to many anymore. He smiled under his helmet. But then, a clone yelled, " Tank droids and spiders! Theyre not retreating, its a trap!" "Pull back!" Yelled Appo " Get me some anti-tank troopers! Lets go, come on!" Just then Wolfe appeared through the smoke and fire.
"Need help?"
"Any I can get."
"What do you need me to do?"
"Can those light sticks open cans?"
Wolfe held up his saber, "Of course". And then he was gone, off with the rocket troopers to take out the heavy droids. Commander Appo hefted a rocket launcher from a fallen clone and headed off to assist. There were 10 armoured tank droids, 5 homing spider droids, 15 dwarf spider droids and many more droidekas. Appo raised his launcher, and fired at a dsd (dwarf spider droid). The missle flew straight and true, hit it head on, and the droid was engulfed in rolling ball of blue flame. He observed his surrondings. The rockets were doing their job well, and the general had definently earned his pay. In a few more minutes of intense fighting, all that was left of the droids were sparking burnt out piles of wreckage. Wolfe approached him again.
"Satisfied, Appo?"
"Extremely, General. Back to base?"
"Sure. Wanna play some dejarik?"
" I have to file my report to the chancellor, but maybe if theres time after."
"Sure thing. Later." Then the general was off to his tent, and Appo headed to the command tent, were several clone techs were setting up equipment and using holomaps to form strategies. It seemed to be going well. Appo walked over to the holotransceiver, but before he quite got there, a tech approached him urgently. "Yes?" He asked. "Commander Appo, the Chancelor has an Alpha encoded message for you." "Alright." Appo activated the transceicer and stood back when a larger than life representation of the Chancellor. "Commander Appo, the time has come. Activate Order 66."
Back to top Go down
Darth_Phaedrus

Darth_Phaedrus

TALES OF THE 501st Empty
PostSubject: Re: TALES OF THE 501st   TALES OF THE 501st Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 10:50 am

Chapter 2- Order 66 (hopefully)

Appo stared at the chancellor in disbeleif.

"But, my lord, if not for the general, we all would have been dead by no--"
"Do not question my orders, commander, follow them. Self thinking clones go back to Kamino for neural resosilization. Hopefully you do not need that."
"Of course not chancellor, but may I ask why?" Other clones and techs in the holo-screen lightened command tent were watching the exchange with interest.
"Four jedi masters just attempted to assasinate me in my private chambers. If it wasnt for the quick thinking of my assistant, I would be dead. I suspect that the jedi have been manipulating the war, they probally controlled Dooku to control the droids and now they wanted to take over the republic."
"I understand, sir."
"Excellent. Eliminate Master Sazen imediatley. The jedis are now enemys of the state. They will all die. After you finish on Vendexa Appo, I want you and your elite 501st to return to Corucant. You will atack the jedi temple under the command of my new apprentice, Darth Vader."
"Understood. Appo out."

Appo switched of the holo-transciever and turned to face the rast of the clones in the command tent. Many more had gathered there, and they all sood, bathed in the darkness and the ambient green console light, staring at him, to see what he will do.
"Sir?" asked on of the clones uncertinally. "What are we gonna do?"
Appo thought about it for a moment."We will follow the orders of the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic, the Chief in State of the Grand Army. The jedi are enemys of the state, and they must be eliminated. It is of top importance of the chancellor. Is Omega squad here?"
Shooter and his squad stepped up. "Me and my squad are ready to serve, commander"
"Good. I need you and your squad to kill the general. He should still be in his tent. But be careful. You know how those jedi are."
"Yes commander." shooter faced the rest of his squad. "Alright Omegas lets go get that traitor."

Appo watched the commandos stalk of into the darkness. They should be able to take out one jedi. But if they dont he still has the 501st leigon to get him. The crowd was dispersing into the jungle camp. He ordered a squad of troopers to guard the perimeter. I hope this turns out well... the commander thought to himself... but hope was the one thing a clone trooper didnt carry in their packs.

" Alright Omegas if we are gonna take out this jedi we need to do it right." He surveyed his squad. They were tired from three weks of fighting in a deadly jungle. Vic, the explosives expert was even more exhausted than the other commandos, their recent missions required lots of 'extreme redecorating". Shryne was basically adept at every form of combat and did not specialize in one area. And Marcus, the tech specialest, was faring better than the rest of the squad. But they were all ready for battle. "Beta formation. Semi-circle around his tent. Vic, I need you to open his tent real quick and pop a few flash bangs in there. Then we hop in and blast the blind sleemo jedi."
"Sounds good boss"
"Cant beat it."
"What ever you say."
The squad raised their DC-17s and got in position. Vic grabbed a few flashys.
"All right then. On three. 1, 2..."

Jedi Master Wolfe Sazen sat meditating on the floor of his tent. The force was bringing him visions, but it was hard to tell what was happening, because it was all slured up. He saw two blue lightsabers clashing on a fiery planet, a mother giving birth, and some sort of...mask? it looked like an ancient sith war droid. It was disturbing, but the visions did not stop. He saw four lightsaber, one purple, two blue and one green facing a man in a room. But suddneley that man sprang forward with a red lightsaber and quickly disposed of three of the others. Only the purple remained to fight. Master Windu he thought to himself? Then great pains in the force ached his head. The pain was so agonizing that he almost screamed out loud. It felt as though across the galaxy, all jedi were dying. "No...no... it cant... no.." The pain was to great for him to even speak properly. But, as soon as it started it was over. And then he sensed something else. A republic commando squad, outside his tent. Not to greet and meet him. One primed two flash bang grenades while the rest spread out in a semi-circle, raising their rifles. But before the commando could throw the grenades, Wolfe was in action. He pulled out and ignited his green lightsaber, pushed the grenades far away with the force and leapt from the tent with a cry, knocking the would-be grenadier down. The rest of the commando squad rapidly fired their weapons but no prevail. The force blazed in Sazen, and every blast
was deflected. All he could feel was the desire for vengance. He sensed the immediate fear from the commandos. This should be quick he thought with a sadastic grin.

Shooter was taken aback. Not only had the jedi somehow known that Vic was throwing those flashers, he had leapt from his tent and now was deflecing the dozens of blasts from him and Shryne and Marcus. The jedis eyes were burning with hate and vengance, and Shooter fell a spike of fear go through him. Vic raised his blaster from his position under the jedi, hoping to catch him while distracted, but the jedi was to quick. He flipped over backwards, blocking lasers while cleaving Vic in two.
"NOOO!" screamed Marcus, and he reached for his vibroblade, and ran over and swung wildly at the jedi. The jedi seemed to be delighted at Marcus's futile attempt at an attack, he ducked low under his swing and quickly jabbed the commando in the chest, than followed through upwards through his torso.

Wolfe dispatched another commando and started deflecting another wave of blasts form the remaining two. He focused on one, lifted him with force and sent hims soaring into the base of giant tree. There was a meaty, bone crunching smack and the commando fell limp. He then used the force to pull the last commando's balster from him. The commando started to backpedal, trying to eacape. But Wolfe jumped in front of him, and held his lightsaber high, ready to strike for the kill.

Shooter tried to shoot him again but his gun was pulled from his hand by some invisble force. He began to backpedal, trying to put as much space between him and the crazed jedi as possible, but suddenly the jedi was right in front of him, with his saber held for the blow. "Oh kark me...".

Commander Appo stood in the command tent, helping form strategies with some officers. Suddenly the sound of fighting rang through the jungle. The jedi! he thought. "All squads! Go for the jedi" Appo was desperate.
" But sir.." protested a trooper. " No time for that, lets go!"

Wolfe stood over the body of the last commando, but heard troopers approaching throught the jungle, and decided to flee rather than to stay and fight. Here we go, he thought, running as fast as he could.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Phaedrus

Darth_Phaedrus

TALES OF THE 501st Empty
PostSubject: Re: TALES OF THE 501st   TALES OF THE 501st Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 10:52 am

I had this on SSLF but no one looked at it. I wrote each chapter in 20 minutes each and the prolouge in 5 minutes. Hope you like it. Do you think I should make chapter 3?
Back to top Go down
Zack

Zack

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-04-07

TALES OF THE 501st Empty
PostSubject: Re: TALES OF THE 501st   TALES OF THE 501st Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 11:02 pm

i like it, but make it a bit shorter i was too tired to read the whole thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TALES OF THE 501st Empty
PostSubject: Re: TALES OF THE 501st   TALES OF THE 501st Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TALES OF THE 501st
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MERCENARY CENTER :: Stories-
Jump to: